If you are looking for a business valuation you’re being prompted to do so. Most likely for one of the following reasons:
- You are thinking about retiring – how much can you count on receiving if you sell? How do you make sure you aren’t short-changed when you sell your business? (Case Study 1, Case Study 2)
- You or your business partner(s) is leaving the company and you’re looking for a fair price. (Case Study 2)
- You are going through a divorce – you aren’t necessarily selling, but you need to know the value so you can provide it to your attorney.
- You need the value for estate or gifting purposes – planning or otherwise. (Case Study 1)
- A large bucket of “other reasons” such as stock option valuation/employee compensation or negotiating tools. (Case Study 3)